Be Proud of Your Smile with the Help of our Dental Implants in Silver Spring
If you're missing one or multiple teeth, don't lose hope! Your smile deserves the best, no matter how old you are, and Cummins Dental Groups is here to help. As an increasingly popular method of tooth replacement, our dental implants in Silver Spring completely restore your smile and bring back full function. If you're looking for a more permanent dental solution as opposed to dentures, Dr. Cummins discusses a treatment plan created specifically for your smile.
What are the advantages of dental implants?
• Improved Appearance: Our dental implants look and feel just like your natural teeth. They're fused to the bone of your jaw for stability, returning your permanent and healthy smile. After you're finished completely healing, your routine will go right back to normal.
• Improved Speech: Patients aren't always comfortable with dentures. If they're ill-fitting and bring discomfort, the dentures move around the mouth and cause mumbling or slurring of your words. This can be embarrassing for patients of any age.
• Improved Oral Health: When you're missing one or more teeth, the surrounding teeth feel the effects, as well. Your remaining teeth shift to fill in the empty places, which causes numerous dental issues for the patient. With the stability and strength of our Silver Spring dental implants, your surrounding teeth stay in their proper space to improve long-term oral health.
Dental implants have a success rate of 98%. While every smile is different, Dr. Cummins will complete a thorough consultation and examination to ensure dental implants are the best option for restoring your smile. There are different kinds of dental implants, all of which will be discussed and explained, to see what gives you the healthiest smile. With proper care - routine cleanings and checkups, brushing and flossing your teeth at home and on the go - your dental implants can last a lifetime.
Types of Dental Implants
Dr. Cummins will tell you which of the three types of dental implants is right for your smile:
• Root Form Implant: This is the most common type of implant, where the root area of the implant is a screw that is placed within your jaw.
• Plate Form Implant: This has a flat, long shape that's better suited for a narrow jawbone.
• Subperiosteal Implant: If a patient is suffering from a lack of bone support, where the bone is not wide enough or tall enough for the root or plate form support, Dr. Cummins utilizes a subperiosteal implant. This type is designed to sit on top of the bone, but underneath the gums.
Looking to transform your smile? Ask about our dental implants in Silver Spring today by calling Cummins Dental Group (301) 681-9111! Dr. Cummins will first schedule a consultation with you to discuss your overall oral health, what options are best, and what your next steps will be. We look forward to giving you the smile of your dreams!